updatable (J2EE) resultsets

From: "Gerlits Andrs" <gerlits(at)neotek(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: updatable (J2EE) resultsets
Date: 2002-12-10 14:04:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all.

I'm new to the list, so first off I'd like to say hello.

The reason I've joined the list is that I've tried to use the updatable
ResultSet feature with the JDBC drivers for Postgres and found that they
won't work if you have columns in your database that have capital letters
in it. After a lot of fumbling (which included not downloading the source,
but decompiling the driver (I'm not too proud of that :))) I've found the
AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.insertRow method, which prepares the query for
execution, but ignores the fact that columnames must be included between "-
s if they are capitalized.

I'd be happy to post a patch, but I'm really a newcomer when it comes to
open-source shared development, and haven't got the slightest idea on how
to do it.

I've tried to look this up in the archives, but haven't found any threads
dealing with this issue.

Thanks
Andras Gerlits