Re: I have a question about Database management

From: "Tomeh, Husam" <htomeh(at)firstam(dot)com>
To: "nineday" <nine9day(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I have a question about Database management
Date: 2006-11-07 01:06:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Without knowing more details about what version of postgres and type of
activities going on,etc, it may be hard to figure out what's going out.
However, one maintenance operation that you want to make sure it happens
to is to run vacuum/analyze periodically so that expired tuples can be
re-used, and your statistics get updated in the db system catalog.

--
Husam