LATIN2 ORDER BY

From: "Kristf Kontor" <kontor_kristof(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LATIN2 ORDER BY
Date: 2002-08-28 11:20:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi !

My problem is that i have LATIN2 encoding in my postgres and
ISO-8859-2 charset on my linux, but when i'am ordering strings
in psql with acutes it does not work properly...
(psql version = 7.1, linux = debian woody)

Example:
SELECT name FROM table ORDER BY name;
Aaaaaa
Bbbbbb

I have set evrything on my linux, the 'locale' settings are
good, the keyboard and console settings are working well,
with acutes characters, but in the psql it doesent work...
Can you help me or sending a link or a reference in the
documentation, cause i cant find anything about this just a few
row about the locale setting ?
This is a Linux problem or just a setting in the postgres ?
What should i reconfig do correct this problem ?

Thanks !