problems_with_installation

From: ad966(at)poczta(dot)onet(dot)pl
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problems_with_installation
Date: 2002-08-28 10:07:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hallo everybody,
I have problem with postgresInstalation 7.2b5
The problems occurs when I try to create a dbcluster. When I write initdb everything seeds to be OK but there is an error:

creating configuration files... ok
initializing pg_shadow...
initdb failed.

This is the full information:

initdb -E LATIN2

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".
Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... ok
creating configuration files... ok
initializing pg_shadow...
initdb failed.

I compiled postgres with multibyte support LATIN2. Please help,
Daniel