RE: unique row identifier data type exhausted . . .

From: Franck Martin <Franck(at)sopac(dot)org(dot)fj>
To: "'Pgsql-General(at)Postgresql(dot) Org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: unique row identifier data type exhausted . . .
Date: 2000-04-26 00:10:44
Lists: pgsql-general

For me it seems more a design problem than the length of internal number....

Why not create a table with 2 field containing int, setting the primary key
on both of them and running a sequencing scheme on both as if it was a
single number....

There are no more limitations anymore, as if you know you will need a lot of
record you may decide to use 1, 2, or 3 numbers...

Question, does postgress is able to run sequence on 2 combined numbers...

Cheers...

Franck Martin
Network and Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck(at)sopac(dot)org(dot)fj <mailto:franck(at)sopac(dot)org(dot)fj>