RE: Timeout parameters

From: "Nagaura, Ryohei" <nagaura(dot)ryohei(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "AYahorau(at)ibagroup(dot)eu" <AYahorau(at)ibagroup(dot)eu>, "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "MikalaiKeida(at)ibagroup(dot)eu" <MikalaiKeida(at)ibagroup(dot)eu>
Subject: RE: Timeout parameters
Date: 2018-10-31 08:33:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Andrei,

First, I inform you that I may not contact for the following period:
From November 1st to November 19th

Second, I noticed my misunderstanding in previous mail.
> > Nevertheless, it is necessary to take into account that the option
> > TCP_USER_TIMEOUT is supported by Linux kernel starting since 2.6.37.
> > In a lower kernel version these changes will not take affect.
> Does it mean how do we support Linux OS whose kernel version is less than
> 2.6.37?
I understand that you pointed out my implementation.
I'll remake patch files when I return.

Finally, I write test method for each parameters here roughly.
You may use iptables command on linux when testing TCP_USER_TIMEOUT.
You may use pg_sleep(seconds) command in postgres.
I'll write the details after my returning.

Continue to discuss the socket_timeout, please.

Best regards,
Ryohei Nagaura