Re: Beta time

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Beta time
Date: 2001-09-18 02:44:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I spent an hour or two trying to get my ADD PRIMARY KEY patch to work but
I'm beginning to think my code is suffering from bit rot. Basically, during
the iteration over the indices on the table, looking for other primary
indices, none are found.

I am checking the indexStruct->indisprimary field, but it always resolves to
false. indisunique works fine. It is a trivial change to the ADD UNIQUE
code, but it doesn't work. Viewing the system catalogs and '\d' both show
the indices as primary, but the SearchSysCache funtion believes that they
are not.

Is DefineIndex for primary indices broken or something?

I have tried putting a CommandCounterIncrement() in there out of
desperation, but it does nothing. Does anyone have any ideas? Might have
to leave it for 7.3 I guess.

Chris