Re: Getting started - Interfacing questions

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: David <dbree(at)duo-county(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting started - Interfacing questions
Date: 2005-03-08 15:58:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mar 8, 2005, at 9:26 AM, David wrote:

> One restriction (sort of) that I'm trying to follow is that my system
> is
> Debian and I'm _trying_ to stay within the Debian packaging scheme as
> much as possible, although it's not a strict requirement.
>
>> http://us3.php.net/features.commandline.php
>
> I have this page up at the moment and will study it. Thanks for the
> link.

Even if php is not compiled for the command line interface, you can
still achieve the same effect by setting the right parameters (see
table 43-1 on the listed page). So you could put those settings in a
php.ini file and then call php with the -c option.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL