pgAdmin requires password

From: "Prichard, Jayson S (TS)" <jayson(dot)prichard(at)ngc(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin requires password
Date: 2009-09-09 14:56:02
Lists: pgadmin-support

I have modified the C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\data\pg_hba.conf
file to allow anyone to access any database without a password:

host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust

The problem is, when I start pgAdmin, it requests the password for user
postgres. I thought the pg_hba.conf file would eliminate the need for
the password for pgAdmin.

Jayson Prichard

Northrop Grumman

Warner Robins Avionics Engineering Sustainment Center
Senior Software Engineer
293 Highway 247 South
Warner Robins, Ga. 31088
478.929.7349