pgAdmin Crashes When Opening a *.sql File From Windows Explorer

From: "Russell L(dot) Galyon" <Russell(dot)Galyon(at)centerstoneresearch(dot)org>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin Crashes When Opening a *.sql File From Windows Explorer
Date: 2011-01-04 22:37:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

PGAdmin Version 1.12.2 (Dec 13 2010, REL-1_12_2)
Workstation - Windows XP x64 SP2

When I right click on a *.sql file in Windows Explorer and select Open With pgAdmin III the splash screen is shown followed by the login box. After making login box selections, I receive an error window stating "pgAdmin III - Postgres SQL Tools has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I am able to open and utilize pgAdmin from the start menu and open *.sql files from the file>open in the sql tool.

Russell Galyon

The information contained in this Email message is private and confidential. It may contain Protected Health Information deemed confidential by HIPAA regulations. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above, and the privileges are not waived by virtue of this information having been sent by Email. Any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this the information contained in this communication is strictly prohibited by anyone except the named individual or that person's agent. If you have received this Email in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this Email. Thank You.