Re: Continuing encoding fun....

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Hiroshi Saito" <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Marko Ristola" <Marko(dot)Ristola(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>, "Johann Zuschlag" <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>, "Anoop Kumar" <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Continuing encoding fun....
Date: 2005-09-05 07:17:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Yes - I am not concerned with the socket version of the driver - in
fact, I was going to talk to Anoop about removing the old code because
we've had at least a couple of cases of people patching the wrong part,
or mistakenly using the socket code.

Either way, we're certainly not going to release the non-libpq version
any more.

> > Unless anyone has a better solution, I think this is the best fix to
> > allow users with non-Unicode friendly apps to work as they
> used to with
> > the older driver.
>
> Some complaint. Although I have not fully tried yet.-(
> I think that CRLF of a base code and patch is what it is hard to use.

Yes, I was too tired to try to fix the patch to remove the CRLF changes
:-( Still, they need to be fixed anyway.

BTW, your version misses the changes to installer/psqlodbcm.wxs...

> > Please shout ASAP if you object!!
>
> one vote is invested.

:-)

Regards, Dave