Re: Continuing encoding fun....

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Marko Ristola" <Marko(dot)Ristola(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>, "Johann Zuschlag" <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>, "Anoop Kumar" <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Continuing encoding fun....
Date: 2005-09-05 04:57:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Dave.

> With this patch, you can build either the old style ANSI/Multibyte
> driver, or the Unicode driver. I've also removed the -libpq suffix that
> was added for testing, as this patch gives the driver a new name anyway.
> When installed on a Windows system, you then get:
>
> psqlodbca.dll "PostgreSQL ANSI"
> psqlodbcw.dll "PostgreSQL Unicode"

Is it meant as follows after all?
with libpq version
psqlodbca.dll "PostgreSQL ANSI"
psqlodbcw.dll "PostgreSQL Unicode"
without libpq version
psqlodbca.dll "PostgreSQL ANSI"
psqlodbcw.dll "PostgreSQL Unicode"

> Unless anyone has a better solution, I think this is the best fix to
> allow users with non-Unicode friendly apps to work as they used to with
> the older driver.

Some complaint. Although I have not fully tried yet.-(
I think that CRLF of a base code and patch is what it is hard to use.

> Please shout ASAP if you object!!

one vote is invested.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Attachment Content-Type Size
ansi_unicode_2.zip application/x-zip-compressed 9.2 KB