Re: questions regarding the current website framework

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Gevik babakhani" <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: questions regarding the current website framework
Date: 2005-06-24 07:41:25
Lists: pgsql-www

________________________________

From: Gevik babakhani [mailto:gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl]
Sent: 23 June 2005 21:09
To: Dave Page; pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hi Dave,

I a sure this is brought up before, Bu I have lost this one in
the pile of mailings we have been sending,

Assuming the raw kb content is rendered to file from drupal's
database:

- The contents of these files can be injected into a template
using the current framework.

- In order to have the ability to inject the kb content using
various page templates: Do we want to create a php file for every kb
content file which will contain the code to inject the kb content or we
can use a file with get requests.

Example:

1. article1.php --> reads common-sometemplate.html -->
injects myarticle1.htm and article1.php is added to treeview for users.

Or

2. some_template.php?article=kb12345 --> reads and injects
the kb12345.htm and some_template.php?article=kb12345 is added to
treeview for users.

Which one do you think is best fit into the current framework
and CVS replication?

If I understand correctly, then 2) is what is required. Consider the
.htaccess file in the root of the website.

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /system/handler.php?page=$1 [QSA,L]

The majority of hits get caught by this rule. It takes a path such as:

/foo/bar.html

and rewrites it to:

/system/handler.php?page=/foo/bar.html

handler.php then inspects $_GET['page'] and launches the correct page
formatter - for example, if it begins with 'ftp', then it will hand off
to ftp.php. If is begins with 'docs', it will hand off to docs.php. I
would add a newformatter there, probably pgdn.php, to handle all 'pgdn'
paths.

Regards, Dave