Re: questions regarding the current website framework

From: "Gevik babakhani" <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: questions regarding the current website framework
Date: 2005-06-24 07:54:29
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Dave,

Okay, after I wrote you the email yesterday, I went to look at the
framework. Indeed. I have made minor changes to handler.php in order to
recognize the pgdn content

And added the pgdn.php (like doc.php) which is going to handle all pgdn
stuff.

You can check this on the dev site you created for me.

Regards,

Gevik.

If I understand correctly, then 2) is what is required. Consider the
.htaccess file in the root of the website.

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /system/handler.php?page=$1 [QSA,L]

The majority of hits get caught by this rule. It takes a path such as:

/foo/bar.html

and rewrites it to:

/system/handler.php?page=/foo/bar.html

handler.php then inspects $_GET['page'] and launches the correctpage
formatter - for example, if it begins with 'ftp', then it will hand off to
ftp.php. If is begins with 'docs', it will hand off to docs.php. I would add
a newformatter there, probably pgdn.php, to handle all 'pgdn' paths.

Regards, Dave