Re: [COMMITTERS] psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Fixed dllname of win32 ANSI: psqlodbca Unicode:

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Fixed dllname of win32 ANSI: psqlodbca Unicode:
Date: 2006-08-27 09:51:36
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-odbc

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org on behalf of Hiroshi Saito
Sent: Sat 8/26/2006 1:18 AM
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hi.

> It was easy to already have the logic and to erase. However, it can use because
> of the user who had some problems. I hear that and it was made to emerge.
> It is never major amendment.

It's not a major code change, but it is a major change of direction for the project - one that I feel should have been discussed on the mailing list - especially as I for one have to rehack at least two installers to deal with it.

> At least while the logic is valid inside, I think that
> an outer expression is required. I want to leave it until logic is removed.

Which means it will never be changed because the code will not be removed until *long* after any bugs are fixed - I've made that mistake before :-(

Regards, Dave.