pgAdmin III nearing beta phase

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin III nearing beta phase
Date: 2004-08-12 13:20:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi all,

As some of you know already we are now in feature freeze for the current
development period for pgAdmin III. This means that we will now be
concentrating on preparing pgAdmin III v1.2.0 for release. This time
around is fairly important for us to get right, as pgAdmin III will be
included in the binary distribution of PostgreSQL for Windows, and
consequently is likely to attract large numbers of new users.

Testing
=======

We are not in beta yet of course, but bug reports from the latests CVS
snapshots would be more than welcome at pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)
pgAdmin releases have always been pretty stable and bug free - I'd like
to make this the best yet! So, if you have time, please grab the latest
version (which is also included in the PostgreSQL 8.0 Windows Installer
betas) and give it a whirl.

Translations
============

We have a huge number of translations for pgAdmin compared to other FOSS
projects which is great. Now that we're in feature freeze, it's time to
start updating the translations to reflect all the changes that have
been made since 1.0. The translation web page gives most of the
information anyone could need about translating pgAdmin. If anyone wants
to start a new translation, please feel free. If anyone wants to help
one of the existing translators, please contact them directly and let
the list know if you come to an arrangement. Obviously we are grateful
to our existing translators for the hard work last time around, and it
would be great to hear from them all again this time!

http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/translation.php

Documentation

If anyone wishes to contribute but is not a programmer, then we would
welcome any contributions and updates to the documentation. Not only
could we use documentation on pgAdmin itself, but also the bundled
PostgreSQL docs will need to be updated to 8.0 at some point.

Thanks in advance to all contributors :-)

Regards, Dave