Re: problem with CVS version

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Antonio Pennino" <a(dot)pennino(at)nocerainformatica(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: problem with CVS version
Date: 2004-07-27 13:56:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

As I said, -9 is SQL_WVARCHAR which is a perfectly valid type. Your
application is calling the *W version of various SQL functions (or the
driver manager is mapping your calls to them because it is detecting
that your app is Unicode aware - as per the ODBC spec), so it should be
able to recognise a unicode data type.

> Perhaps the ::SQLDescribeCol() is deprecated for psql but MFC
> use it and i CAN NOT write my code without the MFC framework.

SQLDescribeCol is most certainly supported.

> If, instead of the CVS version and/or the beta version from
> Dave, i use an older (7.1.2004) version of psqlodbc.dll,
> m_nSQLType is = 12.

Yes, because the older driver did not support unicode.

Regard, Dave.