Re: Beta 1.6: Crash on .CSV export of NULL-Values

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Beta 1.6: Crash on .CSV export of NULL-Values
Date: 2006-09-15 13:31:28
Lists: pgadmin-support

________________________________

From: pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Harald Armin
Massa
Sent: 15 September 2006 13:00
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Beta 1.6: Crash on .CSV export of
NULL-Values

Hello,

when exporting a query result with 1000 rows , 2 colums (int4
and text), and some NULL values within the text column, pgadmin crashes.
(phone home crash)

This crash does not appear on exporting a smaller subste of the
same result also with nulls and only 5, 100 or 200 rows (added a limit
clause).

Also no crash with exporting ~ 4000 rows with no NULL values.

Hi Harald,

I've managed to reproduce this - it appears to happen when wxFile::Write
encounters characters that it cannot convert to the local charset (it
then crashes). I've committed the following change to work around this:

When exporting data to the local charset wxFile::Write will crash if it
can't convert the data. Check that conversion is possible before writing
each row and skip if not. If any failures have occured, tell the user
how many, and suggest they use UTF8 instead. Per Harald Armin Massa

Would you like an updated .exe to test?

Regards, Dave.