Re: Again about translation

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Giuseppe Sacco" <giuseppe(at)eppesuigoccas(dot)homedns(dot)org>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Again about translation
Date: 2006-09-08 12:41:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

The first is correct in .uk, the latter in .us.

> 2.
> #: src/frm/frmReport.cpp:1090
> msgid "Failed to parse the XML stylesheet!"
>
> #: src/frm/frmReport.cpp:1098
> msgid "Failed to parse the XSL stylesheet!"

Yeah, bit of an odd one to word. The code first loads the stylesheet and
parses it as a generic XML document. If that succeeds, it then parses it
as the XSL stylesheet that it is.

> What is the difference between and XML and XSL stylesheet? Isn't XSL a
> stylesheet per se?

XML is a extensible document format. XSL is a stylesheet language used
to write stylesheets for transforming XML documents. XSL Stylesheets are
also XML documents in their own right.

> 3.
> What is the difference from "dependencies" and "dependees"? I couldn't
> find the latter on any dictionary. Is it a synonym of "dependents"?

Yes. Thinking about it, dependees is probably not technically an English
word, but people know what it means and changing it now would probably
be painful.

Regards, Dave.