Re: Build fails on OSX using wx 2.7.0

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Build fails on OSX using wx 2.7.0
Date: 2006-08-31 15:00:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Bah - that would have been my normal suggestion but I figured no,
Florian knows what he's doing :-p

> Interesting.. So "universal binaries" actually contain both
> i386 and ppc
> code in one file? I've always though that universion apps just contain
> two different binaries for both architectures (One in "MacOS", and one
> in "MacOS86" or such...)

Yeah. They can include ppc64 as well. GCC will create them just fine, or
you can build them individually and combine the resulting executables
and libs using the lipo tool.

> > Anyhoo, when I've figured out how to build PostgreSQL, we
> should be good
> > to go. In the meantime though, I can't believe wx dropped
> support for
> > Panther. Do the samples build and run OK?
>
> Hm.. I think that complete-bundle.sh will need some work to "do the
> right thing" for universal binaries - Or have you already found a
> solution for that?

I haven't fully tested it, but last time I looked it didn't appear to be
much work to tweak for i386 binaries. Hopefully Universal will be
similarly simple.

/D