Re: help: trigger functions/functions/procedures, bug list, and window state

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Kevin Field" <kev(at)brantaero(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: help: trigger functions/functions/procedures, bug list, and window state
Date: 2006-07-14 12:46:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

Thanks - glad you like it.

> Snag #1:
>
> Find a schema, go to trigger functions, and make a new one. Press F1,
> nothing happens. Click Help, and the help comes up with the
> error, "The
> page cannot be displayed". This also appears to happen on
> Functions and
> Procedures.

I cannot reproduce this in SVN trunk or 1.4.nearly3. If you look in the
contents tree of the helpfile, do you see the PostgreSQL and Slony
documentation listed?

> (PS, while going through these, I found that New Operator
> Class was not yet implemented, but you probably knew that.)

Yeah - if you're hardcore enough to create op classes then you'll
probably not using pgAdmin, or at least are using the query tool.

> Snag #2:
>
> Help->Bug Report and click "Known bugs". I get the following page:
>
> <quote>
>
> Known bugs
> The information displayed is extracted automatically from the pgAdmin
> SVN repository.
>
> Error: Couldn't open the bugs list!
>
> </quote>

Ooops. Broken in the website reshuffle. Should be OK now.

> Snag #3:
>
> Whenever you open the Help, even though I have the main pgAdmin window
> completely maximized, the Help window opens just-less-than-maximized
> every time. It'd be nice to just have it match the main window since
> it's app-modal, if you have control over that.

Unfortunately I can't see any way to do that - it's the Microsoft HTML
Help viewer, over which we have little control.

> Feature Suggestion:
>
> It'd be neat to have the Bug Report thing collect the version info and
> all that for you automatically.

The bug report thing is just an HTML page atm. I may find time to
enhance it this release cycle, but it's not the highest of priorities
I'm afraid.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards, Dave.