help: trigger functions/functions/procedures, bug list, and window state

From: Kevin Field <kev(at)brantaero(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: help: trigger functions/functions/procedures, bug list, and window state
Date: 2006-07-13 17:23:33
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi everyone,

First off, very well done on pgAdmin. I'm migrating from MSDE and this
is a wonderful treat to use (as is PGSQL). These are just a few very
minor touch-ups to do with the help interface.

# The version of pgAdmin you are running.

1.4.2.

# The configure options used (if compiled from source)

Prebuilt.

# The operating system and version details - e.g. Windows XP Pro, SP2,
or Slackware Linux 10, kernel 2.4.21

Windows Server 2003.

# The wxWidgets version and configure options used (if compiled from source)

I don't know. (Where do I find it?)

# The PostgreSQL version and configure options used (if compiled from
source)

8.1.4, prebuilt.

# Steps required to reproduce the problem. Please include a simple
scheme with optional data if required. This may be sent privately upon
request from a developer if you are concerned about posting sample code
or data to a public mailing list.

Snag #1:

Find a schema, go to trigger functions, and make a new one. Press F1,
nothing happens. Click Help, and the help comes up with the error, "The
page cannot be displayed". This also appears to happen on Functions and
Procedures. (PS, while going through these, I found that New Operator
Class was not yet implemented, but you probably knew that.)

Snag #2:

Help->Bug Report and click "Known bugs". I get the following page:

<quote>

Known bugs
The information displayed is extracted automatically from the pgAdmin
SVN repository.

Error: Couldn't open the bugs list!

</quote>

Snag #3:

Whenever you open the Help, even though I have the main pgAdmin window
completely maximized, the Help window opens just-less-than-maximized
every time. It'd be nice to just have it match the main window since
it's app-modal, if you have control over that.

Feature Suggestion:

It'd be neat to have the Bug Report thing collect the version info and
all that for you automatically.

Thanks again, folks! I really appreciate what you've got going here.

Kev