Re: Unicode is not UTF-8. was :psqlODBC-Driver Test / text fields

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Marc Herbert" <Marc(dot)Herbert(at)continuent(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unicode is not UTF-8. was :psqlODBC-Driver Test / text fields
Date: 2006-03-31 09:28:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I believe the problem is that the code pages exist, but there are no
corresponding NLS files - see the notes here:
http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/faq/FAQ_windows.html#2.6

I don't know that that actually affects us from an ODBC point of view
though - but regardless, the ODBC API uses UCS-2 as Hiroshi reminded us.

Regards, Dave.