Re: Query results in grid, new patch

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>, "Edward Di Geronimo Jr(dot)" <edigeronimo(at)xtracards(dot)com>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query results in grid, new patch
Date: 2006-03-06 13:27:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Chill out - I meant that default sizing based on the width of the
headers would be a nice fix so that the names weren't truncated.

I will look at the size retention issue - I hadn't noticed that was
broken.

> I don't give a cent for copy/paste from the
> result (in 10
> years on SQL RDBMS, I might have done that 5 times), I need
> repeatable
> results from query tuning.

I on the other hand copy and paste data on a regular basis in SQL
Enterprise Manager for example and will find this feature particularly
useful in pgAdmin, as will other people I know both at work and in the
community.

As for repeatable query result timing, I see nothing in the patch that
has made the timings non-repeatable, or even for that matter altered the
initial query timing at all.

> Trying to autosize the column from content doesn't work satisfying.

No, and noone has suggested doing so. The headers on the other hand tend
to have much more regular lengths.

Regards, Dave