Re: Patch: Query favourites

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch: Query favourites
Date: 2006-02-07 13:02:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Finally got around to looking at this :-). Couple of things I noticed:

- If the ctlSQLBox is empty, the 'Add Favourites' option is still
enabled, but does nothing. SVN trunk calls updateMenu (or whatever it's
called) on every change now, so this should be a 30 second fix.

- On Linux, with no favourites at all, the root node in the Manage
Favourites tree has no icon. Add a favourite, and the root node gains a
folder icon, but the favourites themselves remain without an icon. Works
properly on Windows, haven't tried Mac.

- You can only create one new folder on the manage dialogue. To create
mode, you need to close/re-open the dialogue.

- You can create folders with duplicate names in the same folder. Is
this a bug? Dunno...

- The buttons on the manage dialogue should left-align with the side of
the tree control.

- There is no doc update. An update to the build instructions on the
website would also be nice :-)

On a related note, this introduces dependencies on libxml2 and iconv.
These are both available from www.xmlsoft.org, precompiled for Windows,
and are both on most unixes already, however, on Windows there is no
standard place for them to live. There are two sensible options I can
see for these, and wxWidgets:

C:\wxWidgets-2.6\
C:\libxml2\
C:\iconv\