FW: Sorting and filtering in PgAdmin

From: "Nicholas Thiele" <Thiele(dot)Nicholas(at)TransAdelaide(dot)sa(dot)gov(dot)au>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FW: Sorting and filtering in PgAdmin
Date: 2006-02-06 23:49:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi, I am a big fan of PgAdmin and just joined the list. There is one
thing, however, that could really be improved. I think the sorting and
filtering of columns in the table view is less than intuitive. Could
the columns be sorted by double clicking on the columns? I know that
currently this action auto-fits the column width but that could be
limited to double clicking on the column border. Another option would
be providing an arrow icon in the column header to control sorting and
filtering (as the V.S. .Net DataGrid does). If the wxWidgets library
does not support this, as a minimum it would be great if the data
sorting and filtering tabs in the 'View Data Options' form had a list of
drag-and-drop columns. Currently I have to change the sort order by
clicking remove on each existing column, activating the Available
Columns list, selecting a new column and then choosing the sort order.
What do others think??

Nic Thiele