Avoiding redirects on internal links

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Avoiding redirects on internal links
Date: 2018-03-22 23:09:00
Lists: pgsql-www

href=“/foo/bar” will 301 redirect to /foo/bar/, and we have a few of those
links left. The attached patch updates all the links that I could find.
Unless there are objections I intend to commit that, but I wouldn’t mind an
extra set of eyes on it. I did skip the presskits as they are unlikely to see
much traffic once 11 ships, so it didn’t seem worth the effort.

The patch also changes all /community/lists/ links to /list/ to avoid yet
another 301 redirect on the old URL, and removes an anchor on a list URL which
doesn’t exist.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
avoid_redirect.patch application/octet-stream 42.2 KB