Re: Let's Do the CoC Right

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: Regina Obe <lr(at)pcorp(dot)us>
Cc: Rajeev Bhatta <techie(dot)rajeev(at)yahoo(dot)in>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Let's Do the CoC Right
Date: 2016-01-22 17:12:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On Jan 22, 2016, at 12:39 AM, Regina Obe <lr(at)pcorp(dot)us> wrote:

> I am especially disgusted by the people behind http://contributor-covenant.org. They have done nothing but to silence the voices of minorities. That's being kind to them.

Interesting. Got a link for context? I Googled, but saw nothing about controversy or other issues in the first few pages. Maybe I need to dig a little deeper?

Honestly, I like that other folks have really thought this stuff through, and it’s so widely adopted as to be approaching a standard for OSS.

> Which essentially says - "we are individuals with a common love for this thing, get to know who we are, jump in to help us and your voice will be heard."
> That's pretty much all I care about when getting involved in any community.

Right, but it’s not enough for other people, so insufficiently inclusive.

Best,

David