Re: eWeek Poll: Which database is most critical to your

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Neil Conway' <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: eWeek Poll: Which database is most critical to your
Date: 2002-02-27 15:51:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If I understand correctly you'll be taking matching the on the original
query string, then pulling out the previous plan, rather than doing all
the planning again? Or where you thinking of storing the resultant tuples
(seems far more diffcult to do effciently)?
Either way would be handy for me though as I have a number of clients who
all basically ask the same query and then ask it again every few minutes
to update themselves. Therefore this sounds like something that would
improve performance for me.
Hope I've understood correctly,
- Stuart