Re: postgresql under Windows is slow

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql under Windows is slow
Date: 2002-01-31 13:43:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

Try using NT. I use 98 for development but it just drops the ball to
much for me to consider it for production (I've never had the regression
tests complete on 98, mind you I havn't tried particularly hard either). If
there is anyplace I would expect performance difference it would be in
connection times due to windows forking (or lack there of).
Cheers,
- Stuart