how to handle larger databases?

From: matthias(at)cmklein(dot)de
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to handle larger databases?
Date: 2004-11-16 02:21:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am currently creating a database which will have less than 20 quite
simple tables.
Unfortunately, some of those tables will have more than 1 million
entries.
In order to maintain fairly good query times I would like to ask for some
tips on how I should organize that database, what I should do or what I
should avoid.

Thanks

Matt