Re: SCO embraces MySQL

From: "Larry Rosenman" <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
To: "'Ned Lilly'" <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>, <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "'PostgreSQL Advocacy'" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SCO embraces MySQL
Date: 2004-06-18 14:52:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Ned Lilly wrote:
> Yeah, I know. But I guess there were two things that struck me in
> the article:
>
> 1) No mention of PostgreSQL, as you say
> 2) The GPL angle (see my other post about NuSphere), and the fact
> that they chose to distribute the GPL version of MySQL, not strike a
> corporate deal with MySQL AB
>
> Cheers,
> NL
>

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Ned,
>>
>> Actually, SCO has supported us for years. They may even have
>> contributed patches. Their attorneys may be evil incarnate, but
>> their technicians are friendly and skilled.
>>
>> I notice the article doesn't mention that the last 6 versions of
>> UnixWare have included PostgreSQL ...
>>

> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> your joining column's datatypes do not match

JFYI, 7.4.2 is also now on UnixWare, in addition to whatever's been
On OpenServer.

I pushed for this, and there also will be at least one talk on PostgreSQL
and
Databases for UnixWare/OpenServer at Forum '2004 in Vegas (I'm helping
With this).

Speaking of which, does anyone have a good list of how PG compares with the
Biggies?

Thanks!

--
Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: ler(at)lerctr(dot)org