7.5-dev, pg_dumpall, dollarquoting

To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.5-dev, pg_dumpall, dollarquoting
Date: 2004-06-18 14:38:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

since we have a lot of databases here that suffer from pg_dump's
deficits in 7.3 and 7.4 regarding dependencies, we tried pg_dump from
the upcoming 7.5 release.
This version works much better, but it is not possible to dump a
complete cluster using pg_dumpall in a 7.3 or 7.4 compatible way because
pg_dumpall lacks the "-X disable-dollar-quoting" switch.
Would it be possible to modify pg_dumpall to accept the same commands as
pg_dump (at least those that make sense) - or am I missing something here ?

thanks

Stefan