[OT] OOo postgres connection

From: "Sol" <sol(at)terminus(dot)net(dot)au>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [OT] OOo postgres connection
Date: 2002-06-25 15:01:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi there,

This may be more of an OpenOffice.org question, but I thought I might
try here first as I'm already subscribed. I'm trying to connect my
Postgres 7.2.1 on Debian (sid) to the data sources in OOo. In the "Data
Source Administration" panel I am asked for the Data Source URL and the
prompted with "sdbc:odbc:" This makes sense as I've chosen to make an
ODBC connection and installed the odbc-postgresql driver. But it refuses
to connect even though I've created a postgres user for my database with
the details correctly entered in the OOo interface. I'm stumped by what
the Data Source URL might be. I just typed the name of the database "tswa".
Any tips appreciated.

regards,
sol