Re: UPDATE01: Unable to run createlang (or psql for that matter)

From: John Gage <jsmgage(at)numericable(dot)fr>
To: PostgreSQL - General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: UPDATE01: Unable to run createlang (or psql for that matter)
Date: 2010-04-25 09:48:12
Lists: pgsql-general

I have made some progress by looking at the documentation and at how
Mac OSX sets up privileges.

If I su to root and then su to postgres, I can access createlang and
psql (although my user $PATH seems to be inoperative).

What I can't do is su from me as user (not root) to postgres. I get
asked for a password that is not any password that exists. For
example, it is not the password that postgres uses to get to the
databases.

I am now going to see if I can find the mystery password for postgres.