Unable to run createlang (or psql for that matter)

From: John Gage <jsmgage(at)numericable(dot)fr>
To: PostgreSQL - General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Unable to run createlang (or psql for that matter)
Date: 2010-04-25 09:08:27
Lists: pgsql-general

If I open a bash terminal and type createlang -l, I get:

JohnGage:~ johngage$ createlang -l
-bash: createlang: command not found
JohnGage:~ johngage$ psql
-bash: psql: command not found

as one can see, the same thing happens with psql.

The way I have been using psql is by pulling down the plugins menu in
pgAdmin3 and selecting (the only selection) psql.

My $PATH variable includes the path to both createlang and psql.

What am I doing wrong?

John