Re: More schema queries

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More schema queries
Date: 2002-05-20 19:22:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

OK, brand new Cygwin installation, built from CVS tip and still the
views are in public. I checked 4 times that I'm using the correct
initdb, even manually installing it from the source tree. I then hacked
initdb and prepended 'pg_catalog.' to the view names in the CREATE
VIEWs. Cleared my data dir, ran initdb and the views are still in
public. I then cleared & ran initdb with --debug. The views were *again*
in public, and no errors were seen.

I'm confused. Does the standalone backend not deal with schemas fully
and is silently failing 'cos there's nothing technically wrong with the
pg_catalog.viewname syntax? Or do I just not know what the heck I'm
doing :-)

> Curious. I have not noticed much of any change in postmaster
> startup time on Unix. Can you run a profile or something to
> see where the time is going?

On my clean cygwin installation this problem is no longer present. I
guess something got screwed up in my old installation that - maybe
something from the 7.2 installation that ran in parallel (thought that
worked fine).

Regards, Dave.