Re: More schema queries

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More schema queries
Date: 2002-05-21 00:00:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> I'm confused. Does the standalone backend not deal with schemas fully
> and is silently failing 'cos there's nothing technically wrong with the
> pg_catalog.viewname syntax?

The standalone backend does schemas just fine. What is supposed to
ensure that the views get created in pg_catalog is the bit in initdb:

PGSQL_OPT="$PGSQL_OPT -O --search_path=pg_catalog"

The -- parameter should do the equivalent of
SET search_path = pg_catalog;
but apparently it's not working for you; if it weren't there then the
views would indeed get created in public.

Any idea why it's not working?