Re: sorry no meeting ....

From: Fred Moyer <fred(at)redhotpenguin(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sorry no meeting ....
Date: 2004-05-08 00:58:35
Lists: sfpug

> According to our regular schedule, we should be having a meeting next
> week.
> However, I've been unable to reach ShareChive to confirm that they
> want to
> host us. Also, I am currently sick with an as-yet-unidentified
> disease, and
> would not be able to attend in any case.

Sorry to hear you are sick Josh.

> If someone else is able to step up to the plate and organize a
> meeting, please
> do.

There is a place at 9th and Lincoln called Canvas Cafe, located in the
Sunset district of San Francisco adjacent from Golden Gate Park. They
offer free wireless connectivity, great couches, and a number of fine
ales on tap. The food is great but somewhat pricey, however across the
street is a inexpensive burritos at Gordo's. Perhaps everyone could
meet at Gordo's then saunter on across to Canvas Cafe for a relaxed
PostgreSQL meeting.

I believe they have a projector there we can make use of on some wall
space. Probably would be best to plan and meet at Gordo's at 6:30 for
those who want chow and then move on to the cafe around 7 pm.

Sound interesting? Speak up, and I'll handle the details on
http://pugs.postgresql.org/sfpug. I heard Yahoo's designers worked out
of there for a day and loved it.

Fred

--