Need help on parameters and their values to tune the postgresql database

From: "Bebarta, Simanchala" <Simanchala(dot)Bebarta(at)in(dot)unisys(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Need help on parameters and their values to tune the postgresql database
Date: 2007-12-12 04:14:49
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

I am doing a performance benchmarking test by using benchmarkSQL tool on
postgresql 8.2.4.I need to tune the parameters to achieve an optimal
performance of the postgresql database.

I have installed postgresql 8.2.4 on RHEL AS4. It is a DELL Optiplex
GX620 PC with 4GB RAM.

Please suggest me which parameters I need to tune and what would be the
possible values for the parameters.

Appreciate if I would get a quick response.

Thanks & Regards,

Simanchala