Re: Can i switch to the use of persistent connections with my already in use application without worrying ?

From: "Guy Rouillier" <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can i switch to the use of persistent connections with my already in use application without worrying ?
Date: 2006-09-23 03:07:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Najib Abi Fadel wrote:

> i have an already running web application with a lot of users. All the
connections to the
> postgresql database are not persistent. I was wondering if it is
possible to switch to
> persistent connection without having problems in my current in
production application in
> order to boost performance ?

You don't mention how your web is constructed, but just about every
runtime platform has some kind of connection pooling. For example, if
you are using Tomcat, then that has connection pools available. You can
define them as part of your context, then just look them up when you
need a connection.

--
Guy Rouillier