Can i switch to the use of persistent connections with my already in use application without worrying ?

From: Najib Abi Fadel <nabifadel(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can i switch to the use of persistent connections with my already in use application without worrying ?
Date: 2006-09-22 06:40:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

i have an already running web application with a lot of users. All the connections to the postgresql database are not persistent. I was wondering if it is possible to switch to persistent connection without having problems in my current in production application in order to boost performance ?

thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Najib.