Is Inherits table property inverted?

From: Michael Rasmussen <michaelr(at)porch(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Is Inherits table property inverted?
Date: 2014-08-14 22:19:55
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello All -
I wanted to check if I am interpreting the "Inherits tables" Boolean property correctly. I am using pgAdmin III 1.18.1 on Mac OS X against a 9.2.8 PostgreSQL server. I also see this in the 1.20 Beta 1.
For a given table X if pgAdmin shows "Inherits tables Yes", I would read that to mean, "Yes, table X inherits from other tables."

However, when I look at child tables setup for data partitioning, it shows "Inherits tables No" and "Inherited tables count 1". The parent table has properties "Inherits tables Yes" and "Inherited tables count 0."
Shouldn't the parent table show "Inherits tables No" with "Inherited tables count 0" and the child table read as "Inherits tables Yes" with "Inherited tables count 1"?

--
Michael Rasmussen
Data Engineer