Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection

From: "Tristan Partin" <tristan(at)neon(dot)tech>
To: "Jelte Fennema-Nio" <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>
Cc: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Heikki Linnakangas" <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Shlok Kyal" <shlok(dot)kyal(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection
Date: 2024-01-31 18:07:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue Jan 30, 2024 at 4:42 PM CST, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 at 23:20, Tristan Partin <tristan(at)neon(dot)tech> wrote:
> > Not next week, but here is a respin. I've exposed pqSocketPoll as
> > PQsocketPoll and am just using that. You can see the diff is so much
> > smaller, which is great!
>
> The exports.txt change should be made part of patch 0001, also docs
> are missing for the newly exposed function. PQsocketPoll does look
> like quite a nice API to expose from libpq.

I was looking for documentation of PQsocket(), but didn't find any
standalone (unless I completely missed it). So I just copied how
PQsocket() is documented in PQconnectPoll(). I am happy to document it
separately if you think it would be useful.

My bad on the exports.txt change being in the wrong commit. Git
things... I will fix it on the next re-spin after resolving the previous
paragraph.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)