Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection

From: Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>
To: Tristan Partin <tristan(at)neon(dot)tech>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Shlok Kyal <shlok(dot)kyal(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection
Date: 2024-01-31 18:34:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 at 19:07, Tristan Partin <tristan(at)neon(dot)tech> wrote:
> I was looking for documentation of PQsocket(), but didn't find any
> standalone (unless I completely missed it). So I just copied how
> PQsocket() is documented in PQconnectPoll(). I am happy to document it
> separately if you think it would be useful.

PQsocket its documentation is here:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/libpq-status.html#LIBPQ-PQSOCKET

I think PQsocketPoll should probably have its API documentation
(describing arguments and return value at minimum) in this section of
the docs: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/libpq-async.html
And I think the example in the PQconnnectPoll API docs could benefit
from having PQsocketPoll used in that example.