Re: Meson build updates

From: "Tristan Partin" <tristan(at)neon(dot)tech>
To: "Tristan Partin" <tristan(at)neon(dot)tech>, "Andres Freund" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Meson build updates
Date: 2023-07-12 16:10:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu Jun 29, 2023 at 2:17 PM CDT, Tristan Partin wrote:
> On Thu Jun 29, 2023 at 2:13 PM CDT, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 2023-06-29 14:07:19 -0500, Tristan Partin wrote:
> > > I still think the overrides are important, at the very least for libpq,
> > > but I will defer to your aforementioned decision for now.
> >
> > libpq makes sense to me, fwiw. Just doing it for all binaries individually
> > didn't seem as obviously beneficial.
> >
> > FWIW, it seems it could be handled somewhat centrally for binaries, the
> > bin_targets array should have all that's needed?
>
> I will send a follow-up patch with at least libpq overridden. I will
> investigate the bin_targets.

Attached is a patch which does just that without overriding the
binaries. I investigated the bin_targets stuff, but some test
executables get added there, so it wouldn't work out that well.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)

Attachment Content-Type Size
v6-0001-Add-Meson-override-for-libpq.patch text/x-patch 1.3 KB