Re: Development of an extension for PostgreSQL and PostGIS

From: Fabiana Zioti <fabi_zioti(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Paul Ramsey <pramsey(at)cleverelephant(dot)ca>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Development of an extension for PostgreSQL and PostGIS
Date: 2017-08-17 13:53:46
Lists: pgsql-general

So far the code is like this(In addition to the input and output functions):

struct trajectory_elem
{
int32 id;
Timestamp time_obj;
GSERIALIZED *geom_elem; /* Geometry Object */
};

PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1(trajectory_elem);

Datum
trajectory_elem(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
{

int32 id = PG_GETARG_INT32(0);

Timestamp timestamp = PG_GETARG_TIMESTAMP(1);

GSERIALIZED *geom = (GSERIALIZED*)PG_DETOAST_DATUM(PG_GETARG_DATUM(2));

LWGEOM *lwgeom = lwgeom_from_gserialized(geom);

struct trajectory_elem *trje = (struct trajectory_elem *) palloc(sizeof(struct trajectory_elem));

GSERIALIZED *result;

size_t size;

/*elog(NOTICE, "trajectory_elem called");*/

if (lwgeom_is_empty(lwgeom) || lwgeom->type != POINTTYPE)
{
elog(NOTICE, "trajectory_elem is NULL, or type is not correct");
PG_RETURN_NULL();
}

/* Serialize the result back down from LWGEOM, but don't return right away */
// result = geometry_serialize(lwgeom);
result = gserialized_from_lwgeom(lwgeom, &size);

trje->id = id;
trje->time_obj = timestamp;
trje->geom_elem = result;

elog(NOTICE, "trajectory_elem finish");

/* Then call free_if_copy on the *varlena* structures you originally get as arguments */
// lwgeom_free(lwgeom);
PG_FREE_IF_COPY(lwgeom, 0);

elog(NOTICE, "trajectory_elem finish2");
// PG_RETURN_TRAJECTELEM_TYPE_P(trje);

PG_RETURN_POINTER(trje);

}
But the Postgres server crashes. Values are entering correctly, but I can not return the structure pointer..

It is wrong the way I'm programming the extension with the PostGIS?

Thanks in advance