pg_stat_activity.current_query explanation?

From: Pat Chan <galt123(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_stat_activity.current_query explanation?
Date: 2009-09-02 15:29:14
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello,
I'm using postgresql 8.1.5. Sorry if this is not the right area to ask this. I already have command string turned on at the postgresql.conf , and am currently trying to troubleshoot some connection problem at a server that is causing performance issues. Apart from "<IDLE>" and the specific SQL commands that the clients have issued, I'm seeing two things that I cannot seem to explain:
One is '<IDLE in transaction>' and the other is simply the word 'end'.
I googled everywhere about this but to not avail. If you could shed some light on this subject that would be great!
Thank you in advance.
Click less, chat more: Messenger on MSN.ca
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9677404