Fatal: password authentication failed for user "xxxxxx"

From: "Warren Murray" <murray_warren(at)bah(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fatal: password authentication failed for user "xxxxxx"
Date: 2005-06-21 18:16:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm new to the psql and I'm restoring a database in psql.

I was instructed to drop the existing schema (ismuser) in psql using the
following: DROP SCHEMA xxxxxx CASCADE;

Then I was to recreate schema via psql at the command line: psql -U
xxxxxx -W -d myProblemToday -f schema.backup

When I execute the command above, I receive the following error: FATAL:
password authentication failed for user "xxxxxx"

What I'm I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Warren L Murray
Booz Allen Hamilton
Phone: 404.518.7940
Email: murray_warren(at)bah(dot)com

Attachment Content-Type Size
Murray Warren.vcf text/x-vcard 179 bytes