Re: Fixing busted citext function declarations

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fixing busted citext function declarations
Date: 2015-05-11 23:18:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

On May 5, 2015, at 9:40 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> In
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/BN1PR04MB37467AA1D412223B3D4A595DFD20@BN1PR04MB374.namprd04.prod.outlook.com
> it's revealed that the citext extension misdeclares its versions of
> regexp_matches(): they should return SETOF text[] but they're marked
> as returning just text[].

I wanted to make sure my backport was fixed for this, but it turns out it was already fixed as of this commit:

https://github.com/theory/citext/commit/99c925f

Note that I credited you for the spot --- way back in October 2009! Pretty confused how the same change wasn’t made to the core contrib module back then.

Best,

David